Thursday, December 4, 2014

New Celebration

My absolute favorite time of year is fall. It's the perfect temperature: not too hot, and not too cold. Just right. Not only that, but the colors are gorgeous. I'm lucky enough to live in an area where I live amongst the different shades of red, yellow, and orange each fall. This fall, though, was the most breathtaking of all I've experienced. I was able to go back home to the Keweenaw one weekend in September, and spent some quality time with my family. One of my most beloved pastimes to do at home is take walks with my mom. We live in the country, so we take a wooded path that slowly emerges into an expansive field where potatoes once grew. I know this path like the back of my hand; every crooked apple tree, blackberry bush, and abandoned barn. Me, my mom, and my two dogs ventured down the trail. The smell of the fallen leaves was overwhelmingly strong, and whisked me back to my childhood when my brother and I would bury ourselves in the piles of leaves we'd raked. The crisp breeze bit at my nose as I kept my hands tight and warm in my coat pockets. I wish I could've paused life right there, with the vibrant colors, familiar smells, and those that I love surrounding me. It was the perfect picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment